01 October 2008

breaking bikes and facial scars

i like breaking stuff. the most must fun i had as a little shredder was building jumps and seeing if the bicycle would survive. on one day i broke mine, my friends and i was working on my mom's when my brother showed up and put an end to it. bicycle court and safety class was adjudicated when i tried to stop on a three speed with no brakes in front of a police officer

i had major plastic surgery in '85 after i bit it adjusting my bike as i cruised down the motorway. i was unconscious and a bus driver going in the opposite direction called 911. 5 hours later and 3 weeks of healing i was fixing the bicycle and hitting the road with it.

cyclocross is nothin' when i spent my tweens dragging a 10 speed across fields and embankments, riding it down railroad tracks and in sand and mud. i was made for cyclocross.