17 November 2008

racing?

i entered the race with 1.5 hrs of sleep the night/morning before, practice lap was long, drank enough water had enough coffee pre-race... midway through first lap stopped to take a pee by the lake securing my position as dfl. rode in shorts and jersey according to UCI rules. 1st lap couldn't drink beer cause i thought i was going to vomit. 2nd lap dollar from the forester, poured beer in my pie hole still ready to yack. 3rd lap got a pair of sox. more about the 3rd lap.... wait for it.....received encouragement from several riders lapping me, several even knew my name.

passing by the announcer, s-r in full heckle mode, hollywood decides it would be fun to toss a water bottle at my front wheel, it connects, i dismount and lunge, like a true roadie he dodges the punch, i don't have enough legs to chase him... we examine my bike, re-adjust the brakes/bars and i trundle into the finish. i return to scene of the crime and make-up but i'm still not satisfied. more later